Warming Stripes Netherlands
Socks that show global warming in the Netherlands at a glance
These stylish stripe socks show at a glance the temperature increase in the Netherlands since 1901. The color of the stripe indicates the average temperature of that year: blue for relatively cool years, red for relatively warm years. The stripes show one thing for sure: It’s getting hot in here!
The pattern is based on the so-called Warming Stripes by climate scientist Ed Hawkins. When Effio was introduced to these Warming Stripes it was immediately clear: we have to translate these stripes into a stylish sock. Not only because the stripes are visually beautiful and powerful, but also because in this way we can contribute to raising awareness of climate change in the Netherlands. A world view based on facts.
Curious for more background information? Check effio.nl/warmingstripes
- Strong and colorfast Mercerized Cotton
- One Size Fits Most (41-45)
- Seamless (hand linked toe)
- Made in Italy
- High quality mercerized Egyptian cotton 83% cotton, 15% polyamide, 2% lycra
- Extra length; Top till heel is 36cm
- 30º washing machine, wash inside out (the socks shrink a little after the 1st wash)
- Dutch Design
- Yarns are dyed in Italy; free of chemical toxines; OEKO-TEX® Standard 100
- Our packaging is made from 100% FSC or recycled material, printed with eco ink